Monday, July 13, 2009

Here we go!

Well, this is my first blog...ever! Right now, I'm on summer vacation, with only a few weeks left of freedom...or imprisonment (I do have 4 kids under the age of 6!) Can't wait to get back to my first grade classroom, but I've been awfully preoccupied with the thought of cakes lately....I'd love to open an actual bakery at some point, but for now, I create my cakes at home. This weekend, I'll be working on a couple of cakes for a retreat weekend that my in-laws facilitate once a month, but NEXT week...oh my! I have a joint family birthday party (my son Alex is one of them) with 5 different birthdays to celebrate, and I'm making 4 very different cakes for the occasion! On the menu: A pirate ship, an American Idol microphone, a very girlie layered cake with butterflies and flowers, and...brace yourself...a standing Yoda!! My wonderful hubby helps me with my design, so I'm relying on his ingenuity to help me finish...and to help bring down my blood pressure!! Very excited, and I'll post pics as soon as they're finished. Thanks for looking here...leave me a post! I'm interested to see who I'll meet and I loooove new ideas for cakes and goodies!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

SHORTCAKE'S | Creative Commons Attribution- Noncommercial License | Dandy Dandilion Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates