Thursday, July 23, 2009

It happens to the best of us...

So, I'm in the process of creating 4 cakes for the weekend...a layered "girlie" cake, a giant microphone, a pirate ship, and Yoda. Last night I spent time frosting the layered cakes so they would have time to crust over a bit before decorating, then I dove into the pirate ship! Can you say "Cake-tastrophe"?? I built it according to the directions I found online, but the cake was too moist from the get-go (maybe underbaked?), so it kept falling apart. And sadly, at 2:00 AM, I had to throw in the towel when the whole back-side of the ship collapsed! Aaaaagh! I was more tired than upset, really, and I had been eating my mistakes all evening so I was nursing a MAJOR sugar-headache! Lesson learned, though...pay attention to the cake...if it seems too mushy, it's probably going to 'act out' and be extremely uncooperative. Unfortunately, you can't discipline cake. But, these disasters happen to all of us and it helps us to become better at what we love to do. At least I have until Saturday to get this fixed!! :)

My next post will (hopefully) show the step-by-step instructions of the pirate ship cake with pictures! I need to shake it off and try again!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

SHORTCAKE'S | Creative Commons Attribution- Noncommercial License | Dandy Dandilion Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates